Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Family,
   Well i Love you all and I’m still alive! :) (it’s really not that bad).  Well i just feel so blessed by the Lord for having such a great family and for being able to have the experience that i am having serving in Atlanta with Elder Wunderli.  Last week i forgot to mention that during our transfer meeting Sis Satterfield always speaks to us before we find out where we are going. And she shared the Letter that Mom wrote to her, about her and Julies' experience with the Book of Mormon, wow what a story it was definitely a tender mercies of the Lord to be able to hear that story it made me cry, I’m so grateful for such a good mother and little (crazy) sister, and entire family thanks for sharing that story, it was a blessing for me.  I too have fallen behind on my scripture reading, because we literally have had no time for it, and i have really noticed a difference in the spirit being with me, and it affects my teaching, my relationship with my companion, my mind in general, so moral of that story is that daily reading from the scriptures is essential to fulfill the covenant we made at baptism. I’m so glad that y'all are reading with us!!  Also serving in Atlanta is a huge blessing, we have so many people that are ready for the gospel, so many good people who are looking for a better life. We had dinner with an investigator and her 2 kids last night, she has come to church for 2 weeks in a row, and her countenance has clearly changed, she looks soooo happy, it’s so amazing and we haven’t even taught her a lesson, we are so excited for her!  This place is great, the city is so cool, there is so much culture, its definitely not the right kind of culture but its eye opening to experience it.  Also in our area we have lots of cool things to go see on P-day like Georgia tech campus, the CNN center, Coca-Cola headquarters, Martin Luther King museum, and cool places in the down town area. And being the huge sports fans my companion and I are, we have The Georgia Dome (Falcons), Philips Arena (Hawks), Turner Field (Braves), and Georgia Tech.  It’s just a really cool place to live, and the missionary work is exploding, so I feel very blessed!!  We get to meet some INTERESTING people too. One lady we met the other day told us that she has died 5 times, gone to hell 3 times and heaven 2 times. She raised Willie Nelson from the dead, and saw God and so much more odd stuff, but i actually learned a valuable lesson from her.  There is definitely a difference between the spirit that we felt while talking with her and the Spirit that we feel as we teach the true Gospel, many people are deceived by false spirits, in fact she told us that we were, but there was no good feeling from what she was telling us, and as she went on and on (she just blabbed at us for 30 min) her eyes got darker and even the tone of her voice changed and the way she spoke, you could just tell that she was influenced by the wrong type of spirit.  Do you guys want her hear something funny, there is an Elder in our Zone named Elder Horner form Heber City, and his family owns Horner’s Corner, and he is really good friends with the family that owns the One-stop. Small world! 
Mom i don’t have Serinas number with me but I’ll try to remember it and I’ll send some pictures. YOU’RE THE BEST FAMILY OF ALL TIME!!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment