Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011

Family,
   I love you all, I am so blessed to have such a great family!  Mom i should have told you this a long time ago but there is a missionary serving in the Mesa Branch who is from the Ward I am Serving in, crazy huh, his name is Elder Weeks, and he went into the MTC the same day i did so keep your eyes peeled, he comes from an awesome family.  Also if you would send me any conference CDs you have, except for both from 2010 and April 2004 (i already have those), i would be very appreciative.  So this area when I got here was really slow, but we worked really hard, did a lot of contacting and tracting.  We found people to teach but not real solid people. But this week we have received 4 different referrals from members of people to teach since last Saturday, and we have been having really good lessons with Carlos (he has been taught for 6 months) if feel like he is pretty close to baptism.  The first time we met with our ward mission leader he said that "sometimes tracting is the work you have to put in, before the Lord puts a solid referral in your lap", that comment stuck with me and it is most definitely coming true. I am hoping that they all pan out, pray for them to be open.  Other than that we are doing good, i love being a missionary. God truly is working with/on his missionaries every day, I feel his influence, direction and correction on a daily basis.  My testimony is strengthened often, as questions come he shows me the answers as long as I have an open heart. 
  I want to know how everyone is doing on their own missionary work? Have the missionaries over for dinner (but don't keep them for more than one hour, we have troubles with that here).  Look for opportunities to make friends. Make a profile on Mormon.org, and check out that website.  Pray for missionary opportunities and act on them when they come. Listen to the prophets, start now to think about what message the Lord wants you to hear this conference. WOW I'm preachy! Sorry, i love you all, A Lot!
 
Elder Hendrix

Julie,
   Man it sounds like you have been busy lately, and it sounds like you are going to be busy working to earn money for Disneyland.  That is so cool that Brad and Bri invited you to go with them, they are very nice, tell them thanks a lot.  I know why you and Ashlyn couldn't catch that leprechaun...you need a pot-a-gold, they always go for that. Leprechauns are really greedy, which makes them kinda dumb, try that next year.  How is Darren doing, you need to let me know.  I need you to check up on him for me and make sure he is being a good boy... no girlfriends OK!  Love you Julie, thanks for the St. Patrick's day picture, it was kinda a crazy picture tho!! Love ya
 
Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment