Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

Family,
   The Love of the LORD is the most precious gift we can receive and give to others. Love is the great commandment and sometimes, especially with myself, we get caught up in all of the other attributes and attitudes that pertain to the gospel and forget the perfectness of love and charity.  It is hard to have the pure Love of Christ as it is commanded we have: "you must love god with all your heart...and love our neighbor as ourselves", we must practice love continually.  Why is it so hard to have?  How do we overcome these things? How can we repent and change? these are the questions i have had recently, and the LORD is "opening the eyes of [my] understanding".  Yesterday was stake conference the stake president gave a great message about seeking the savior. Then Pres and Sis Satterfield got up together and spoke for a few min. As they walked up to the pulpit i was overly excited to hear them and i wondered, "im probably the most excited person in this building right now...why?"  The spirit testified to me that it was because I love them.  So why do i love them?  I love them because they are the best missionaries in the Georgia Atlanta Mission, they lead by example, they live the gospel, they work hard, and i know that they love us.  I liken it to the relationship we have with the LORD, He is our example and he shows us his love every time we look for it. We heard also from Elder Steven L. Anderson (i think, i know it was Anderson but the first name may be wrong) and during his talk he had all of the primary children and their leaders and teachers stand and sing with him, "I feel my saviors love", and I was taught by the Holy Ghost how i can better show that Love, it was an answer to my prayers.  Then this morning in my personal study i read D&C 11 12-14:
12 And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your atrust in that bSpirit which cleadeth to do dgood—yea, to do ejustly, to walk fhumbly, to gjudge righteously; and this is my Spirit.
 13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall aenlighten your bmind, which shall fill your soul with cjoy;
 14And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of arighteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive.
If we will just put ALL of our trust in the spirits guiding power, we will be lead to show our love by beign "lead to do good", to be "humble", and to be "just/righteous" in our judgment.  This will bring us joy and the desires of our hearts: Eternal Life!
   Wow i went a little off, i just love that the LORD is mindful of us and teaches us what we need to know, esspecially when we trust in him and his spirit.  But everything is good, mom ill send you pictures.  The family we live with are nice people, but they have cats that shed like crazy, yuck. They are an older couple, we dont see Sis Perkins much but Bro Perkins is retired and he likes to talk to us.  HOLY MOLY, i'm so happy for Paul it made me cry when i read that, he is going to be such a darn good missionary. Most missionaries figure out who they are and what they want to be during their missions, but he already has that figured out so he will be so awesome, I am sooo excited from him. Hey Paul send me and E-mail.  I love you all!!
 
Elder Hendrix
 
PS: Julie im proud of you for being tough on fast sunday, keep doing that it will make you and Heavenly Father feel good.

As for Darren all i can say is....I feel your pain, but ball will come soon and dont get complacent because you can only work out inside, keep working hard you improve more inside sometimes than you do outside! I love you both. serve your mother and father often.

No comments:

Post a Comment