Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011

Family,
   Dearest family i love you all so much, and I am so grateful to be part of our family!!  Well I'm now in Dallas Georgia, in the Burnt Hickory ward, my companion is Elder Stephens he has been out for 10 months.  He is a really quiet and humble kid, he is a football player i guess he was recruited by UCLA to play corner but decided to come on a mission and he only joined the church less than 5 years ago, so he is definitely a strong soul. I don't know him all that well yet but i am excited to get to serve with him. So the Burnt Hickory ward is awesome, this area is very wealthy, lots and lots of big houses.  The work here in the past has been really slow!  Which is awesome because that means there is lots of work to be done, i am really excited for this challenge, I know there are people in this area who are ready to receive the message, i don't exactly know how we are going to find them but the LORD does and hes on our side.  I know that this is a great opportunity for me to learn.  OH and our ward mission leader, who was just called, is so awesome and a real go getter, and he has already been a great help.  Well to be honest leaving McDnonough was tough, I really loved that place, I was able to meet some great people.  The worst thing about it is that that area is going over to the Atlanta North mission, which is crazy but there are all sorts of changes happening within the Church here in Georgia. There are all sorts of rumors about the missions/stakes changing so keep a look out in the Church news for information about those changes there will be lots in the next six months.  So i will probably most likely not be able to see anyone in McDonough till after my mission and there are definitely some people I want to see.  I am so grateful that the LORD answers prayers. I am grateful for the LORD answering the prayers of the boy Joseph Smith, i know that he did.  I think about how Joseph was simply reading the scriptures, and was simply inspired to pray after reading James 1:5, he was a simple boy from a simple family, and started out by reforming the church of Christ with a small band of 6 members, "by small and simple things GREAT things come to pass".  We should all keep this in mind, and do the small things. Keep being member missionaries, please tell me of your missionary experiences. Follow the words of the living prophets! I love you all.
 
 
Elder Hendrix
 
Julie, 
   You are awesome, keep doing what mom and dad tell you. Ask how you can help them. Give Darren a hug everyday. I love you way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment