Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 7, 2011

Dear Family,
   Hello Everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the snow, ill bet its pretty deep by now, i kinda miss snow, but the sunny, 60 degree days in Georgia are pretty nice.  Make sure and let Nannette and Kurt know that i love them and I'm praying for them. Mother you are right the experience of the crowd is just something special to be a part of. Grandpa is a funny guy, and he's probably right about the temple not being busy on game day.  I miss the Temple but the Atlanta Temple opens up on April 9th till the 23rd, and we will get to go to the open house one day. I really think it would be cool to go to the cultural event though, and Pres. Monson is going to be at the dedication.  Its going to make for great missionary opportunities, with the open house, and its also a great opportunity for Satan to "stir up the people in anger", Its so sad to see something so good be persecuted, like the church is around here.  The members say that there will be all sorts of anti-Mormon rallies and stuff like that as the dedication gets closer, but as in the words of Joseph Smith "Persecutions may rage mobs may combine and armies may assemble... but the truths of God will go forth...Until the Great Jehovah shall say, "the work is done"."  But I am really excited with the opening of the temple the spirit of the LORD will be stronger, and I'm excited because the work will increase as people start going back to the temple.  The Temple is awesome, it is the Pinnacle of our faith, it fulfills the work we do as members of the church in Gods Kingdom.  Study the words of the Prophets and Apostles, share them with non-members, their words are for the whole world! I love you all  Very much.
 
Elder Hendrix
 
 
Julie,
   I am not crazy and i never ever was or will be, ya goof.  I hope you get to be in the talent show playing your violin.  I'm glad that you are still playing the Violin, I wish mom would have made me play the piano :), haha.  I'm glad you fasted for 23 whole hours, that is great, Heavenly Father is happy, its hard being 8 huh.  Make sure you don't let your other hermit crab die, ok.  How is Darren doing are you keeping an eye on him for me? I love you Julie and think of you a lot. Be good and do what Mom and Dad tell you every time.
 
 
D-bo,
   Hows things going, Thanks for the letter the other day.  Let me know how prep for baseball is coming.  Fill me in on whats been going on, High school basketball, snowboarding etc. Don't fight going to Mutual....ever!! Start reading the book of Mormon again, this time asking for you Heavenly Father to "manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the holy ghost."  The book of Mormon is the Keystone of our religion and the keystone of each members testimony. Every time you read it, pray about it, ask God for a testimony of it. I love you man, keep up the good work!
 
Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment