Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

Family,
   Well hello, so let me tell you about the week i had, it was "loco".  So transfers are on Wednesday, on Saturday night we get a call if someone is leaving the area, then on Monday night we get a call from the assistants telling us who is leaving, they don't tell us where we are going.  On Wed we go to transfers (transfers is so much fun, all of the missionaries are sitting in the chapel and nobody knows where we they are going so were all excited and ooh and ah when president makes assignments...anyway) and get our assignments and companions.  So Monday night we got a call that i was getting transferred, and they said i would be biking.  So i went to transfers: Elder Hansen is my new companion and and I am going to Lanett Alabama. The two missionaries I was sitting next to got so excited! They had served in Lanett and loved it, they said my companion is awesome, which was most definitely true. So i was pretty excited. After the meeting was over i went to get our supplies because the Lanett area had been closed for 5 months so the apartment was empty, and they gave me keys to a car, i said "I'm on a bike", and he said "no your not". Turns out that Elder Hansen was suppose to be training but on Tuesday Pres Satterfield got a phone call from Salt Lake saying this missionary wasn't coming.  Which is a huge problem because now They had to find a companion for Elder Hansen (ask grandpa workman what problems that might cause).  So that's how i got put with Elder Hansen and avoided riding a bike. But wait the story get better.  So Elder Hansen and I went shopping on Thursday morning, just before we were getting ready to check out Pres Satterfield called and told me that The missionary from the MTC was coming now and that they really wanted Elder Hansen to train him. So he told me that their was a threesome down in Auburn Alabama, 2 English and 1 Spanish, sooo now I'm serving as a Spanish missionary with Elder Wood, crazy huh. President asked if i Knew any Spanish and i said "not lick".  But Elder Wood is absolutely the Man! He's great about helping me try to learn the language, and hes just a humble, hard working, obedient missionary.  He's from Kaysville Utah and said that he knows Ryan Workman.  He reminds me of Joe, that's how  awesome he is.  We had an investigator come to church yesterday, Jeronimo, and we taught him a lesson on Sunday night, he is so awesome too! I asked him what he thought of Church (in English) and he said "Muy Bien, Muy Bien", and i know what that means. Then in our lesson (which i didn't understand anything, haha) he read the whole chapter of 3 Nephi 11, and underlined about 10 words and asked questions about what they meant. He is such a humble guy.  We have another investigator, Alfredo who has a baptismal date and he wants to change his life.  We have quite a few solid investigators, and we are really excited about this transfer. I'm excited for this transfer, and for the opportunity to serve the Hispanic people, and I'm in Auburn, so that's cool (haven't seen Cam yet).  This last week was really weird, but Elder Wood and I are excited for this upcoming week we are going to kill it baby!! 
   Wow!! Trujillo Peru, that is great, tell Paul to E-mail or write me, that's exciting!!! The weather here is starting to get real warm and humid.  Augusta is on the other side of the state. But my Brothers need to be Aware that after my mission we are coming back to Georgia to do some golfing, all the courses here look so pretty and fun to play.  Anywho, you all are great, pray for me to be able to speak Spanish, pray for a miracle and expect it, pray for Elder Wood to have patience too, ha ha, and hopefully ill be able to speak some Spanish when i call you on mothers day.  Les Quiero a todos (Elder Wood had to tell me how to spell that)
Elder Hendrix
Julie,
   You just keep right on pickin on Brice ok, but not to much hes kind of a softy. I cant believe you made 40 dollars counting worms, tell dad i said that isn't fair. Good job on reading your scriptures, I'm proud of you. Promise yourself today that you are going to read them everyday for the end of your life, and do it. It will make you happy.  I love you Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more!!!
Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment