Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Family,
   Yes conference was amazing! We are lead by a Prophet of God!!  Mother it was interesting yesterday in the morning session I think, one of the talks made me think of you.  You recently wrote to me and said that you wanted to be a better member missionary, to go out and not be afraid to say what you believe (or something along those lines).  I don't remember the talk but it was one of the twelve, he was talking about being sharing the gospel and the thought came to me that you needed to hear that message.  Mom you have a solid testimony, and you love people. Don't be afraid or timid about your beliefs, our church is Gods kingdom, his teachings, his organization and everyone wants to be a part of it, they just don't know it yet.  Which leads me The message I got out of conference:  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' ultimate goal is to "help others help themselves", which WILL eventually lead US to have the desire to "help others help themselves".  It is the perfect organization, Our prophet, our leader, the man we look to for an example has been serving other since he was a bishop at 22, and he has been serving us full time for the past 50 years!!  He does not get paid, he does not live in luxury, he serves us every day of the year.  The church is for the members! It seeks our happiness, that is why it is Christ's "only true and living" church! I love you all I have to go, I will know tonight if I am getting transferred. I love you all To death.
 
Elder Hendrix
 
PS: Scott and Heather e-mail me so I have your e-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment