Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Family,                                                                                                            June 20, 2011
   I will be very short since i just e-mailed you.  Everything is good Saturday we had two awesome lessons with a single guy and a family, the people we are teaching and working with here are so awesome I’m really going to miss them if I get transferred and we are pretty much positive that one of us will get transferred. It’s funny because for my sake i don’t want to be transferred because we are working with such great people and there will be some baptisms next transfer, but  I also don’t want Elder Sly to be transferred because I want him to have great experiences too, so it’s a Lose, Lose, situation but also a Win, Win, so ya that makes no sense.  I wish i could tell you about all of the people we are teaching, but real quick I’ll tell you about one guy.  If you can remember a few weeks back the story I told about a belligerent guy, telling us that Satan ruled the earth, but then we testified to him of the power of God on earth and his whole countenance changed? Ya that guy we are teaching him now, we see him every day, he is an alcoholic but he really wants to change, he is reading the Book of Mormon and he completely understands it and praying every day, he promised us that he would come to the churches 12 step program with us (I’m excited to attend that with him) and he promised us that he would come to church, we are really excited about him and his change that he has already begun to make. I would ask for your prayers specifically for him, for him to be able to rid Satan from his life, his name is Jamie.  One other family that we are working with, that I’m sure will join the church, they already love it and all of the people that go there, they know lots of members. They are a African American family, the mom is so stinkin hilarious, she always makes fun of how white we are, we try to act black and be "coo", but it just makes us look stupider, we had a great lesson with them Sat., although they didn’t show for church :(.  Anyway, the Book of Mormon is awesome, y'all are awesome! The South sends its Love.

Elder Hendrix

PS: I didn’t get to go to the temple :(

Oh yeah, Dad happy father’s day, go do something fun you deserve it, thanks for your constant flow of letters i look forward to them every week. You’re the best Dad a guy could ask for! Happy Father’s day!

Your (best) Son,
Elder Hendrix 

No comments:

Post a Comment