Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

Family,                                                                                                                       
   Sounds like all is well! I Love you all so much. I’m going to keep this one really short.  We had a great day yesterday. 3 investigators came to church, so that was exciting. It is so important for investigators to come to church, as it is for us also.  The spirit is always there, how can they know about our church if they never come. Church is another opportunity to receive revelation, and probably the easiest because all you have to do is show up. Elder Wunderli and I had talked about this after last week and we decided that we were going to focus on receiving revelation ourselves so that those that we teach will do the same, and we did and it made our purpose more clear and we came to understand better what the Lord expects of us. All of us should view sacrament meeting as a way to receive revelation, when we do this we are better able to do what the Lord wants us to do. Sacrament is so personal, it’s one of my favorite times of my week (probably because I’m selfish) because it is the time that i can’t think about anyone else but me, and my relationship with God. Yesterday a guy in the bishopric explained that the sacrament is like pac-man, we eat up all of these little dots and as we eat them we become stronger and more able to destroy the little ghost that cross our path, it was kinda cool.  Well the Book of Mormon is awesome!!!!  It is truly for us right now, and we are promised that if we study it and follow its teachings we will receive eternal life.  There have been times that i have struggled on my mission, I’m either confused or down, but when i went to the Book of Mormon i just felt good, it’s great. It happens because it teaches us who we are, and God has made us a promise that if we study it then we will be happy.  I love you all so much, the work is going great! The ATL is the Best, i am so glad to be serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission!

Elder Hendrix  

No comments:

Post a Comment