Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

Family,
    I haven’t finished the Book of Mormon yet, i have the last chapter to finish, i wanted to save it for last to read it all at once because it is so good. You are right mom; it is FULL, from its first chapters to the very last one. It’s cool because all of the stories teach powerful important lessons, but within the stories there is constant doctrine taught. It has been a huge blessing for me to read It this way, i feel like i want to read it like this every time. I am going to start studying it slowly, which i am really excited for because it teaches doctrine so deeply especially on the atonement.  It is a fact: if you read the Book of Mormon, your day will go better!  Our week was pretty good, we had a great showing at church, the lady from New York, that we have been trying to get to come to church, finally came, yea! And we think she really liked it, we will see her tomorrow.  The Lord is just blessing us so much, we have challenging opportunities with people but it’s such a pleasure to share the Gospel with people who are the "Elect of God", it is such a sweet experience to see them, see the way that the Lord is preparing for them.  Elder Wunderli goes home on Wednesday; it was such a great experience to serve with him. He taught me a lot about missionary work, leadership, myself and life, along with more insignificant sports trivia, and lack of sleep from staying up late talking about sports....I’m looking forward to getting more sleep next transfer. But he is awesome, most defiantly i made a great friend over the past 6 weeks.  I will not be getting transferred and I already know who my companion will be: Elder Landsaw he’s from Bountiful, he’s a really awesome kid, and most important he has beautiful hair.  He was an assistant with Wunderli while i was with Sly so I’ve got to know him pretty well already, we will get along really well. He is an older missionary too he is 24, he is the man.  I have been pretty lucky to get two dropping AP's two transfers in a row, it’s because God knows that i need the training. I have been struggling lately, sometimes in your mission you go through periods where you feel the spirit more than other times, or where you are not as effective, and it affects your attitude you start to get discouraged.   I have been feeling a little bit of all of those, which is silly because the Lord is blessing us so much.  I’m kind of a wimp.  Through it i have been able to realize (AGAIN) that i must rely on the Lord for strength and wisdom. Yesterday during the sacrament i was reading Ether 12:27, I love the Sacrament by the way,  and it helped me to realize that i cannot worry about the weaknesses that i have, the Lord is giving them to us so that we can become like him some day. If we realize our weaknesses then we become humble, and we cannot receive instruction from the Holy Ghost if we are not humble, and if we don’t receive instruction from the Holy Ghost then we cannot progress. But the Lord wants us to come unto him, so that he can show us our weakness. I love God; everything he does is for us, so that we can be happy. I hope that i can be better so that i will be able to help his children feel and know the Spirit. I love you all so much, You truly are the greatest family of all time!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment