Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Family,
Everything is just great. I have been very humbled this last week, and i hate that! Ya know when the Lord just shows you how weak you really are, but i guess it’s good. We had a slow week and we just haven’t seen many fruits from our labors yet since we have been here. There are so many people who need what we have but they just won’t take it, or we just don’t know how to give it to them, i don’t know. But this next week is lining up to be a good week, today on our way into the library we found a guy that we had taught only once, and it was a great lesson, he really is looking for something and is in serious need, but after we taught him we lost him and couldn’t find him until like 30 min ago, so we are about to have a seriously good week!!
Mom just a little bit of my thoughts on the Book of Mormon. I have been specifically interested the last couple of days in Mormon ch 8: 33-34 (I’m not actually positive on the verses), it is where Mormon says that he as "seen our day....and he knows our doing...Christ has shown you unto me", that is a powerful thing. He put into the Book of Mormon everything that is in there, he knew that it was going to be brought forth in our day and that it would need to apply to our needs, and he knew exactly what we were going to go through. What got me started thinking about this was E. Andersons talk in the Oct ensign, he talks about how the Book of Mormon was written for our day and he quotes that scripture. In preparing for your talk you should look at Ch 5 of preach my gospel. I know that I absolutely loved reading the book of Mormon during president Satterfield’s challenge, I came to understand more than I ever had before how it is so much for our day, and how full it is of doctrine that can apply to many different challenges. I know that it had a huge effect upon the character of our missionaries, our faith throughout the mission increased dramatically. But you should E-mail Sis Satterfield if the bishop wants you to talk about the reading challenge, ask her what affect it had on our mission?
Well i love you all so much, and I do miss y'all, I am so grateful for my family and friends. Please pray extra hard for me this week that I can be stronger in the Lords service, and pray that we can find and teach with power, those who God is preparing. Thank you

E. Hendrix


Julie,
You are so awesome, I’m sorry i haven’t sent your Tape recorder yet, I hope I’m not in too much trouble, i will send it soon. How is school going? I can’t believe you are almost 9. Are you in 3rd grade? What is your favorite thing about volleyball (except that Mr. Rapp is your coach)? How are the 49ers doing, how is Patrick Willis doing? What are you asking Santa for Christmas? You should go hunting with Dad this year, he would love to take you. I love you!

E. Hendrix
Ps. your.......to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment