Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011

Family,
365 days I’ll be seeing y'all (I come home Nov 14, 2012). I actually have been thinking a lot about the last year of my mission and how I want it to be so much better than my first. I have really reflected a lot on my mission the past few days. Missions aren’t easy, especially for a over worrying, over analyzing, far from perfect wanna-be perfectionist, non-goal oriented, weak-finisher, complicated minded individual such as myself. Ha ha I have sure had some great experiences and even some great let downs. I definitely feel like I could have done a lot better, but I feel like I’m giving all of my heart, might mind and strength (I probably just don’t have much to give, jk). I have felt a strong desire to make this next year truly excellent, and I have felt the Lords help and guidance in my thoughts that last couple of days. I have learned so much that has been truly a great blessing, I have learned a lot about the gospel and about myself and my character. I have had some great experiences, truly ones I will never forget. I have met some great people, and have made some great friends I’ve seen a lot of success and plenty of seemingly fruitless work. It’s going to be a great 2nd year. I am very glad that I came to the Georgia Atlanta Mission.
We had a great week, we just have so much work to do in Thomaston right now, and it’s great. This is just a fun place to be a missionary. 7 investigators came to church yesterday, and 4 less active members came that we have been working with real hard recently. The other day we knocked on a ladies door that was asking all of the right questions. She was truly confused at why there are so many religions when there should only be one, etc. She was very honest and very sincere about her questions, we don’t know when we are going to see her again but we are excited to teach her! We are working hard and real busy, ya know the trio is workin out pretty well too, so all is well. One of our investigators has a date for Dec 10, we are excited for him he’s a cool guy, his wife is a member.
Well love you all so very much; pray for the people we are teaching this week, you’re the best family ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment