Monday, January 30, 2012

Columbus, GA

Family,
Well the Lord did not answer my prayers this week, at least according to my will. I got transferred I am now in Columbus GA, in the Flat Rock ward. My companion is Elder Wiberg, He's from Utah and he has been out on his mission for just about 18 months. He’s solid, very obedient and really really smart. He's like a math genius or something; I think I’m going to learn a lot from him, I already have. We have a great ward they are pretty helpful with missionary work. Columbus is home town to Fort Benning, it’s the Army’s main base for training basic infantry and Rangers, so most of the ward is military which is good and bad. It’s good because they are young families and they have a lot of friends that are still trying to find out what they believe, so they are open. It’s bad because people only live in the area for no more than about 3 years, lots of people moving in and out. We don’t have a ton of people we are working with right now, but we have some really solid ones. We are teaching the H family, the Dad hasn’t been to church since he was 16, he knows it’s true and wants to get back into church with his wife; His wife is really interested she grew up catholic. We are working with another family, the S family. She is a member, he is not and he is very religious and spiritual, but doesn't have a ton of knowledge. But he is really interested in the Book of Mormon. There is another guy, St... who wants to join the church and has been coming every week for 2 months now. He just got out of Prison so he can’t be baptized for a while, but he is awesome, a complete change has been made in his life I guess. Other than that I don’t know much. Just grateful for a new opportunity, and I love the Gospel. I love you all. Do more missionary work!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment