Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Family,
Happy New Year. I think that now since its 2012 missionary work is going to get really interesting with all of the hype around the world ending in December. It was way fun to talk to yall on Christmas. My new year’s resolution is to read from the scriptures more, especially from the Book of Mormon. Mom you’re awesome, love your new year’s resolution. Sounds like everyone had a good holiday season and the future is looking pretty exciting. We had a good week. We had a ton of appointments with people who are really progressing and who we were really excited to teach this week, but almost everyone fell through, but we kept a good attitude and continued to work hard and we were able to find new people to teach and met some of our goals that we were really wanting to achieve. My testimony was strengthened this week for sure. I have especially been thinking about how we learn gospel truths through the spirit and not by being convinced or by our own wisdom. And if we put our trust in God we will be supported in our trials. We felt that it was a trial that all of the people who really needed our message were canceling our appointments but we trusted that God was in it and he provided means for us to accomplish his purposes and find strength. My companion is awesome; he is wise beyond his days as a missionary. I love being a missionary and I love the Lord, he is truly with us always. I love you all keep up the Great work!!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment