Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011

Family,
I'm not sure what time I will be calling but I will discuss that with my companion. I am looking for the nativity. I actually have Elder Landsaw looking for me in Atlanta. But it's like last year, the right one hasn't come about yet, I prayed that i would find one though.
So my new companion is Elder James Stringfellow. He is from Farmington, and he knows Tyler and Jared. He is a sharp kid; He will end up being a great missionary. We have had a good week. It’s been great to just have one companion again, but having two really throws you off. We share an apartment with another companionship and because I’m used to more than just one other guy, I keep expecting them to come with us. Anyway, since there are two sets of missionaries in our Branch now we split our area and they took some of the people we were working with. But we are teaching a lady named Bonnie, she has a baptismal date for Dec 30th. She has to quit smoking, but she really wants to get God into her life. She has had a pretty tough life, but she is really determined to make her life better so we are excited to be working with her. We worked real hard this week and have seen some great miracles, and successes. I'm grateful for that, because E. Stringfellow is so new, I really want him to see some good things and have opportunities to grow. I'm excited to be training, I feel like at this time in my mission training will be perfect for me so that I can get back to the basics. I think I will learn a lot from this. My most important desire is that I am able to help set a good tone for E. Stringfellow's mission. Dad, did you ever train a new missionary? And what are your suggestions on how to do a good job?
Anyway we are doing awesome, Christmas season is great. The 12 days of Christmas is going well, our gifts aren't really that cool but it’s the thought that counts right. Plus we don’t really have time to make everything perfect. I love you all a ton, Merry Christmas and I can’t wait to talk to you!!

Elder Hendrix


Julie,
Wow you’re like the next Shakespeare! I thought your rhyme was very clever. It was very true too, and I think it is so cool that you already know so much about the Gospel. I liked it very much. I had a dream about you last night. I came home from my mission and you were the first person I hugged, oh ya a "Julie Hug"! We were crying and stuff. I think that's how I want it to be when I really come home; you first! I really miss you too, and I can’t wait to talk to you. Keep being good! Love ya

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment