Monday, May 7, 2012

to Darren on the first day of District Playoffs


Mom,
  This message is for Darren. As I read about his baseball tournament I felt a deep desire for him to do well and I started thinking about what I could say to him today that might be able to help him through the tournament. I will be praying for him for sure. So pass him on this message, I have 5 things for him to do. Maybe you could write them up and give them to him before he heads over to Melalucca today.
  1. Find a quiet place where you can be alone to say a simple prayer giving thanks, and asking for Gods help in the next game, before each game.
  2. Read a little bit from the Book of Mormon each night for the rest of the season.
  3. "Look to the end of the game". What I mean by this is that winning the game is the real goal, and if you make a mistake it doesn’t matter anymore, or if you make a great play or get an RBI move on.  What matters is the score board ONLY at the END OF THE GAME. Satan uses the past to distract us, he doesn’t want you to play well.
  4. Have fun! I wish so bad I could go back and be in your shoes. This is the last real baseball you may ever play, make it a happy memory.
  5. Know where your real strength comes from....God. He loves you and cares even about baseball!

If you do these things I promise you will be blessed!

I love you man. Let me know how things go. Tell Coach Barr hello for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment