Monday, May 7, 2012

Not much Sleep this week


Family,                                                                                                           
    First of all next week I’ll probably call you around 5 or so your time. I’ll let you know the specifics in a few days. Um, I forgot to ask president about skyping and such. If we can, and i think we can I’ll probably do that. Can the whole family be in on that or just one other computer? Sounds like you are all having a wonderful life in the good ol' west.
  This week was crazy. I don’t think that I got more than about 5 hours of sleep any night this week. We are just crazy busy, running around to different meetings and preparing for meetings. But this week we had a couple exchanges, Both times I was able to go with some young missionaries and do some real missionary work. It was so much fun, honestly I had fun tracting and walking around in the hot humid weather. We did some awesome teaching. One of the guys we talked with, his name was Victor, he told us he wasn't interested but we kept talking to him. And we were just talking with him as any person would talk with someone, which is important as a missionary because it shows that we really care about people, and we cared about this young man. Anyway as we were talking he told us that he just had a new baby boy. So we started asking him questions about being a father and how God has given him this child. He understood that he had a responsibility to God for that child, but we felt impressed to ask him if he knew how he was supposed to do that. He said no, and we testified that we had all the answers that he would need. We set up a return appointment and I haven’t followed up on that yet, but it was just so fun to "invite others to come unto Christ".
    This Sunday Melanie bore her testimony. She mentioned that a big part of her conversion had to do with the way that she was treated by the members of our singles ward. She said that she had never seen people so kind and caring and loving in her whole life. She had been looking for a church that could help her become a "true follower of Jesus Christ" (Moroni 7:48), and it was through the example of our members that she was able to see, find and accept that. President Hinckley (I think it was him) was once asked why we don't display crosses in our church. His response was to the effect that the symbol of our Christianity is found in the lives of our members, and I thought of that as she bore her testimony on Sunday.  She is set to go into the army in October, she has already singed her contract and been sworn in, But last night she said that she wants to try and get out of her contract and go to BYU-I. Which we were excited about and had been secretly wishing for the last couple weeks, but I’m not sure how easily one can get out of one of those contracts, but I think the Lord will provide a way, I hope so. I love you all so much, the Gospel is the only true way, and it just makes you so dang happy!!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment