Monday, April 30, 2012

True joy to my heart!


Family,                                                                                               
  Again another fantastic week. I feel like I say that every week but the weeks really are good, the work is good. It blows my mind how many things the Lord will teach you in just one week in his service. It’s probably funnier how slow I am to actually remember what he has been teaching me, or how slow I am to act on it.  Another crazy week, i feel like we are just tired constantly. We have a lot to do and my memory is so bad that I can't keep it all strait. Elder Fisher has it under control really i just feel bad for him because he has to put up with me and keep me on track. He is so great, I am learning so much from him. He really has a crazy-good ability to help people realize who they are. He is an example of someone who has the Gospel burning within them, even though he isn't perfect and a little "rough around the edges", he sure is trying his best so serve God. He's going to move to IF when he gets home and live like 5 min away from our house, he says he's going to come visit you mom.
  Well really the highlights of the week were Melanie’s baptism and a special Stake Conference in our stake.  Melanie was baptized and confirmed on Saturday! It was a very good service, she felt the spirit and she felt very good after the baptism. I think that she felt a weight lift off of her shoulders. She definitely had a different spirit about her since the baptism and confirmation. Her parents came, and they loved it. I think that their hearts were really softened by the spirit. She was worried about how they would react, but it went well! Thanks for your prayers. During the service i really felt joy as I thought about and felt that she will have a profound effect on her family and her posterity will now be born under and live in the covenant. She will be a leader in the church for sure. She will affect so many people inside and outside the church. It was more than just her life affected on Saturday. Those thoughts do bring joy to your heart. It's a blessing to see firsthand God work in the life of someone as they become converted to his Gospel.  On Sunday we had stake conference and Elder Rasband came. Before the meeting he was walking around with the stake president greeting people and he came up to Fisher and I. He asked us about the work and we talked with him about Melanie for a little bit, and he asked us to introduce her to him, so we did. I think that was really cool for her, and he was excited to meet her. It was cool to see him walk around and just talk with everyone. He gave a great talk. It was about families. He quoted Pres. Kimball when he said "No success can compensate for failure at home", then he went on to talk about what Pres. Kimball said "failure at home" actually meant. Failure at home occurs when parents quit trying, as he talked about that and other principles I was filled with thanks for my family that never gave up on me. I’m so thankful to Mom and Dad, because they never quit trying, and I know that they never will! It was a great conference, and just a great week. Love you all so so much.

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment