Tuesday, April 10, 2012

april 2, 1012


Family,                                                                                                            April 2, 2012
  Wow this weekend was so great. I loved conference, seemed to be just for me. Prayers were answered, lessons were taught and doctrine was understood. Now the Challenging part is applying and living what I have learned. I was immediately touched and felt the spirit during Elder Packers talk on Saturday morning. I really enjoyed E. Koelliker's talk as well. Priesthood session was a session of conference I will never forget and the best session of priesthood for myself. We were taught so much doctrine, every talk focused on the doctrine of the priesthood. Elder Bednars talk hit me so hard, that if I truly have the priesthood I had better be different, not better than everyone, but different! Elder Uchtdorfs talk was so powerful. He was really passionate, and I knew that he knew that the Father and Jesus Christ are real beings and they love us, and I came to have a greater understanding of that principle. Then President Monson’s talk yesterday was full of such good doctrine. If a person lived what he taught, they would literally change their world. Conference was so great, I can’t wait to read those talks again, but  I am happy to say that conference was not the highlight of my weekend! I don’t know if you remember much about Montavius, that I taught an had the privilege of baptizing in Atlanta. He is 18, he grew up in a terrible situation. Stealing and selling drugs to live and pay his families bills and was caught up in gang life. He invited E. Landsaw and I to go with him to get his patriarchal blessing. It was a highlight of my mission, and probably will be a highlight of my life. I am amazed at that young man and the change that has been made in his life. His blessing was amazing!! He is most definitely one of the Noble and Great ones prepared from the foundation of this world.  The spirit was so strong and I know that that patriarch was inspired by
Father in Heaven. Truly D&C 18 has been fulfilled in my life. I have not baptized many people on my mission but the joy that I feel as I see Montavius grow and progress in the Gospel is so great. It is so humbling, God really does know us and love us each so much! If we just listen and obey the promptings of his holy spirit we will do what will make us most happy, that is his will! I can’t wait for you all to meet Montavius one day, though I think Idaho and Utah will be a shock to him, haha.  Is not the Gospel so true!! I love you all.

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment