Monday, April 23, 2012

Emotional


Family,

      Well it was a great week. Sounds like home is the exact same when I left, that is good. Mom tell Livi, Makae, and Bex Hello for me. Tell D-bo to say hi to coach Barr for me. Tell Darren to e-mail me about the baseball season, I would be interested to know how he is feeling about the season and his play so far. 

  This last week was crazy. We had transfers and it is just one big meeting and mini meetings before and after. Fisher compared it to putting on a "Show", it does kinda have that feel, just without the entertainment aspect, but we have a lot going on at those meetings. It was a very emotional meeting for Fisher and I, and really for everyone who was there. Elder Landsaw went home (I served with him in Atlanta), along with a bunch of other missionaries who were leaders in the mission for a long time. First of all Landsaw become a close friend to me and someone whom I could always seek advice from. We had a great experience together, we taught and baptized Montavious and he just taught me a lot and I love him like a brother. Elder Fisher was trained by Landsaw and when Fisher came out he was kind of a mess, not converted and just not prepared for his mission. But Elder Landsaw pretty much changed to course of his entire life by his example and teaching, so Fisher was crying like a little baby. HAHA I was conducting the meeting and right after all of the guys going home walked out of the chapel I was supposed to get up and announce some stuff, and there was some confusion between sister Satterfield (who was also balling) and I. I tried to announce some stuff but just couldn’t, so i Just mumbled some stuff and turned the time over to her and President (He didn't cry). Anywho, about 75% of all of the missionaries were crying it was very touching to see the unity that is built within a mission, so much love and brotherhood. One of the most special parts of the meeting was to hear Elder Stephens bear his testimony. I served with I’m at the very beginning of my mission, and he really had no testimony when i was with him. But he bore his testimony about how much he has grown on his mission and that he hopes so much that he will stay on the path that he got on during his mission, when he goes home. Which is cool because when i was his companion he said he was going to go home and be less active, so missions are great. I attribute the love within our mission to the Satterfields who will have their last transfer meeting at our next one. So that is going to be another tear jerker, I love them so much!

 We also taught Melanie again this week. She is going to be baptized this Saturday at 4. We are so excited; she is really a special person. Please pray for her. She doesn’t have any support from her family and this is a big step for her so she is very nervous and all the prayers would really help her. I also want to tell yall how much I love my companion! He is so awesome, just cares so much about others. He is a great missionary, a fantastic teacher and a better human. He is someone that definitely look up to, and i will learn a lot from him. He is super funny, and a little rough around the edges, I mean he's a mechanic and from Pocatello, but he just "gets it". Ill most likely be serving with him the rest of his mission 3 transfers. So were stoked on that. Love ya'll so much!


Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment