Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The gospel gets truer as we get truer to it!


Family,                                                                                                                                 
  Mom I have no idea what "Que Pasa" means. Everyone in the branch that I’m serving in is trying to convince me to learn Spanish, but I’m resisting, I guess I should though, I mean it would be nice to know when I’m in the real world. We had a great week. I think I told you about the family that showed up at church last week. The Mother, Margarita, has 5 kids and she is dead set on joining the church, she is just so awesome!! The kids speak really good English, so what we are going to do is teach mom and the kids separately. I will teach the 3 boys over 8 yrs old and Montiel will teach Margarita. It actually works out great because it would be hard to teach them together, everyone will be able to learn faster this way and I will actually get to teach. This is definitely an answer to my prayers because I have been hoping to get to prepare an investigator for baptism before I go home. I was worried that it wouldn’t happen again. They came to church again this week. We also had an awesome meeting with President Satterfield this week. We were discussing clarifying what the vision of this mission really is. We met for like 4 hours and it was so cool to sit with him talk with him about how he sees missionary work from the Presidents perspective. I grew to love him even more, he truly is one of the most humble men I have ever met. What he wants is for us to learn how to do the right things for the right reasons. He wants us to righteously fulfill our purpose to bring people to Christ through the covenant of baptism. He doesn’t just want us to baptize people, he wants us to help guide them to a relationship with Christ, and to do that we must know how, we must know Christ. He wants us to learn how Christ’s church works and how we can help with that work. It was a great meeting; I learned a lot and love that man. And oh Sis. Satterfield she is such a hard worker, can’t wait for you to meet them. Lastly I went to a baptism in Thomaston on Saturday, it was Ashlyn's baptism, if you can remember her. That was a sweet experience. Some of the Bailey kids came and there mom Sis Baily came and she bore her testimony, and in melted my little heart to know how much that meant to her. The gospel is so true, and it gets truer and truer as we get truer to it. It also makes us happier and happier and realizes how great our God really is. I love you all so much. Keep up the Good work!!!!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment