Monday, March 12, 2012

keeping busy


Family,                                                                                               
  Well it’s been a crazy week. Pretty much non-stop after transfers. Let’s just say the bed at 10:30 rule hasn't applied to us. We have driven a lot, pretty much around the entire mission. It’s great though, my companions are so so awesome. Elder Hansen is from St. George and has been out on his mission for 18 months. He is just a spiritual giant, kinda like Joe, he's just closer to the Lord than the rest of us. Elder Fisher (from Pocatello) on the other hand is a little more rough around the edges I guess you could say. He likes to have a good time, but he has the biggest heart of all time, he is a great leader because he loves those that he serves and just knows how to get down to their level. So they are a pretty super combo and I’m right in the middle and pretty confused so far.  They are great leaders, very smart and they know the gospel really well, and how to be successful missionaries. They are so much fun to be around, they are always playing pranks on each other and I feel like I am constantly laughing. We also were able to have a meeting with President Satterfield last week, it was so cool. We didn't know exactly what we were going to do at first, but we counseled together, President is so good and leading a council, and we came up with some great things. The spirit was definitely there and it was just a fun experience! Us Three (the 3 amigos) also planned out our entire transfer, because we go on exchanges with all of the Zone Leaders and any other companionship's we can go with. We are going to be so busy this next week it’s not even funny,  pretty much each day of the next 6 weeks is already planned out.  It’s been a wild couple of days and I’m extremely tired. Thanks for the advice mom, you’re the best! To all the family; I love you so so so dang much!

Elder Hendrix


Julie,
  Hey there ya crazy cat! How are you doing? How is school? Who are your friends that you play with now?  Are you excited for summer break? How can I be a good missionary Julie, will you please give me your best advice and maybe a good scripture I could read? How is Darren doing, are you keeping good track of him for me? I love you and think about you a lot and I just think you’re ............. awesome!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment