Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011


Family,
   Well things are going well for us in Atlanta. We had a great week we found a lot of new people to teach, and some people we are working with finally found jobs. They were all tested a lot while waiting for jobs, i mean they were tested to their limits but they exercised faith and the Lord blessed them with what they needed, and each one of them had their testimonies and faith strengthened. I feel like i have learned a lot about that very principle out here. You know like they say, if you’re comfortable then you’re probably vulnerable.  It’s a blessing to have trials, i was listening to a talk from a past conference and it talked about how we can know that we are on the right path if we are constantly being tested, of course our real indicator depends on how faithful we remain during those trials. Faith only grows when we exercise it and we exercise faith when we are pushed to our limits.  You know it’s not about being who WE think we should be, but it’s about trying to be who the Lord wants us to be. That’s why "pray and read your scriptures" is so essential (the most essential) without those how could we come to know God and His will. It’s great to hear that the family is doing so well i love to hear from you. Thanks for the sports updates :).  I can’t tell you how much i love you all, i often think about how much i look forward to our future as a family spending time together. Mom and Dad you’re the best.  You know i don’t have any cool stories or anything but I want you to know that my mission is strengthening my testimony greatly, and It is helping me to build my character, It is the perfect place to learn selfless service and that is something i really want to be a part of my character. Thanks for your support, i would not be out her on a mission without your righteous examples and pure love for me. I am (and every person i am blessed to effect on my mission), blessed because of my Christ like family....Remember the night in St. George! One Love!!

Elder Hendrix

ps: "one love" is a strong "I Love You", in the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment