Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26, 2011

Family,
Great week! I only was able to e-mail some of the pictures i wanted to, sorry I’ll do it next week and i will send a package soon too with the tape recorder and maybe more pictures, also Mom i love your longer e-mails, don’t feel like you are taking up too much time by writing longer e-mails i love reading your e-mails. I am glad that you talked with Sis Shoemaker, i really want to know how they are doing, i talked to someone yesterday who is in their ward and it sounds like they are doing well, i hope to hear from them soon, let them know i would love to hear from them. O boy that is crazy to think of Dave as a papa, give him my best, in fact get his e-mail for me or give him mine i ought to write him. Well I am now serving in Thomaston, GA and it is "Cuuuuuuntry", every single person i have met has a strong southern accent, it’s a great area though, the Branch just got a new building (Yesterday was the first sacrament meeting in the building) so lots of people who haven’t been coming for a while are coming back, and because the whole town goes to church somewhere; when a new church gets built everyone knows about it. So we are excited, very excited. My companion is Elder Morris, he is from Mesquite, NV. He’s great, he is a really good baseball player, a pitcher, and he throws mid 90, so we are going to go play some catch today. He’s a really good missionary too, has been out for 18 months. We have had a pretty good week so far we don’t have any investigators who are progressing right now, but we have had some good experiences. The first person we talked to on Wed. met with us on Sat night and we had a great lesson, he has desires to know if what we are talking about is true and is really interested in reading the Book of Mormon. He is also real excited about hearing Gen Conference, and so am I. I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! I have also learned a lesson just in the past couple days, it’s amazing how fast the Lord can teach you through the spirit. I came to understand deeper the reality of God, if we put his promises to the test He always delivers. My problem is that i try to figure out God before i trust him, and that is just not how it is, i guess it doesn't build faith. I read Luke 6:35-37 today and that is a really good scripture, Mom read it and tell me what you think about it. Well i sure do love the heck out of Y'all, thanks for your prayers!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment