Monday, October 8, 2012

Busiest Week of My Mission


Family,

Yes conference was great! I felt like the theme of this conference was serving our fellow brothers and sisters, wherever they may be. Truly that is the message of the Savior, he said "by this shall men know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another". I feel that in serving others we come to learn who we really are, and thus we can understand who "God, and Jesus Christ, whom [God] has sent" (John 17:3). I felt so inspired by Elder Ballard’s invitation to The Church, to ask God to show them an opportunity to serve someone each day, and then to return and report weather or not they had "done any good in the world today [or] helped anyone in need". One can not help but get emotional to think of what this world would be like if every person were to act on that invitation. I invite anyone who reads this e-mail to act on that. As Elder Ballard taught, it will change your heart, you will feel the effects of the Atonement.

This last week had been very challenging. It has been the busiest week of my mission. We had transfers on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then Thursday and Friday we had meetings all around the mission and it was just jam packed with so many little details. I felt like we had a P-day, then all of the sudden it was Saturday. I was so thankful for conference!! It has been a good week though. I learned a lot this week. A lot about myself and about serving the Lord in his priesthood organizations. One great thing that this week brought about was the opportunity to see every missionary in the mission. Elder Forbush and I were eating a late dinner on Thursday night, and we were discussing the last few days and were both overcome with emotion and Love for the missionaries. I cannot tell you how great our missionaries are!! I can truly say that our leaders are "mighty men in the faith of the Lord". They have pure intentions, none of them have overriding selfish desires. They truly serve the missionaries that they are called to serve. And it doesn't just stop there! I feel love from the missionaries in every meeting we go to, or every time we get the opportunity to see them. They always lift my spirits. They care about people!! Not about things that are just superficial, or that make them look better than others. We have a real brotherhood in this mission, there are no "clicks, or groups"; and there is rarely disobedience. I love the missionaries in the Georgia Atlanta Mission, they make me want to be better!! I wish you could be here to see there examples. Keep up the Good work! Heed the words of living prophets! I love you all so much!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment