Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

Family,
    Ok so mom i want you to send me some cox's honey, and two baseball gloves: my catchers glove and whatever mitt Darren thinks you should send me. I would also like a black and red architectural pen, if you can find one, the point is like super small its for writing notes in the scriptures you might have to go to like Home Depot or something. 
   I love dads hand written letters and i want some from everyone (mom your off the hook), and i was super excited when i heard that he shot a bull that's really great.  I don't think i told Y'all yet but I'm in a driving area and I'm the driver, Elder Larsen can't renew his license from Georgia so he can't drive so I was really surprised when i was told i would drive.  Well the work has been kinda slow, Kevin dropped us his parents didn't want him to talk to us :(.  But we picked up another really solid investigator named Christian he is 18 and we've only taught him once but he's what elder Larsen calls "Elect", so that's real exciting, he's got a great fellowshiper too which is huge.  David has been taught all the lessons and actually was going to be baptized before i even got here but his son fell out of a tree the day before his baptism!  But this whole trial has strengthened his testimony which is crazy but he'll probably be baptized on the 1st.  But that has really been it until Yesterday.  So... we cover two Areas because both missionaries in the area south of ours went home last transfer and president didn't put any new ones back in.  We cover the McDonough/Stockbridge ward, and the Jackson branch now.  So this week we went to the Stockbridge ward, after sacrament meeting the Branch President called us and told us that Christian (he lives in their area), along with 3 other investigators were at church! And two new sisters moved into their ward and both of there husbands are interested in learning about the church, can you believe that, that's 6 investigators!!! Now I'm trying to not get too excited but I'm Faithful and Hopeful.  So I'm really excited about the Jackson branch, it will be tough trying to cover two areas but we'll figure it out.  Ive been learning a lot about faith and hope lately and yesterday was such a blessing.  If we as missionaries have Faith, the LORD will bless us, if we show trust in him then he shows trust in us.  Faith is so important, but without Hope we have no Faith.  We need to have hope everyday that when the time comes the LORD will, allow us and help us to, affect his children for good, and have faith that He will put people in our path.  Please help the missionaries there, pray everyday that the LORD will put someone in your path that could use the missionaries and give the missionaries that referral.  The most effective way to do missionary work is through member referrals. I love you all Keep on Keepin on!
 
PS: I'll call Kari's house on Christmas. and there was something else but i cant remember.
 
Julie,
   How are you? I love you too!  Are you making new friends at school? Are you being nice to all the kids in your class?  What is your favorite thing about Jesus?  What is your favorite thing about Pres. Monson?  My house is good, i have my own bathroom and my own closet. It is really cold here, I'm kinda surprised.  I'm only teaching one boy right now, his name is Christian he is really nice and i think he likes what we are teaching him about Jesus, and i hope he wants to get baptized like you did. How did you like your baptism, how did it make you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment