Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Family,
   Oh family you are so great yall make me smile.  Sounds like the Workman Christmas party was awesome, filled with the spirit like always. I love our family (Both Workman and Hendrix) because they act just as God planned for them too, they're a place to learn the gospel, have support and feel the love of God, Its because we have such great Grandmas and Grandpas. That is so cool about Jonnys brother, its not the one that lived there before is it? January 8th is going to be a great day we have 3 baptisms scheduled for that same day, and one other that should be baptized either that day or the 1st.  But that is awesome when I was reading that story I thought of a great scripture for him, its just a good scripture for anyone who is a recent convert, Alma 32: 26- like 29, it just talks about increasing your faith as you plant a seed in your heart and feel it grow. And when you see the fruits of that seed you gain a knowledge, but that is such good news, keep thinking about how you can help the missionaries. I'll probably call you at 11 your time, and I'll call Kari's house. Love you all so much. talk to you soon.
 
PS: I still haven't had any fried chicken, grits, cornbread, or sweet potatoes. but I did eat Gator tail.. it was good.
 
D-bo,
   Sounds like the boarding is great out there, think about me while your out there.  The work is picking up, we aren't teaching a whole lot of people but the people we are teaching are great.  There is this older guy, who is set for baptism but his son has been in the hospital so he had to put it on hold, but no worries he is supper solid.  He is like 50 years old, he has two sons 15, and 13 who already got baptized. At first he didn't want to meet with the missionaries but he finally warmed up to them and was taught, hes a great guy tho, he loves the missionaries and learning about the gospel.  We are teaching a kid who's 17, named Christian, he goes to a Pentecostal church but he's friends with a girl who got baptized a year ago and he can see something different about her, so he asked her what the deal was and now we are teaching him. He has a really open mind and a soft heart he's read all the way to 1 Nephi ch 17 in like a week, and praying about it and our message. He hasn't got his answer, but he will, he accepted a baptismal date on the 8th so he wants to believe and he's humble, he's a good kid.  There are also 2 sisters 14 and 16 years old their dad is a member and they have been taught everything and been ready to get baptized for like a year I guess, but there dad has been a bum and not been interviewed to be cleared to baptize them.  But we finally got him to sign the papers and get his interview so they are getting baptized on the 8th too. we didn't have to do to much for them tho, they have been going to church for a year now, but they are solid members already.  Other than that there are a 4 people who are potential investigators, we haven't taught them...YET!  I love you bud and you better keep reminding me that you expect me to "Work harder than anyone else out there"! I love it!
 
Julie,
   I'm very glad to hear that you are making new friends at school, and it sounds like your school Christmas party was fun.  My favorite thing about Jesus is that He helps me when I ask him too, because he loves me. My favorite thing about Pres. Monson is that he loves to help people, he has lots of stories where he helped people who were sad and alone, so that's my favorite thing about him.  I love you so much.
 
PS: Who is your favorite football player and team?

No comments:

Post a Comment