Monday, June 4, 2012

Busy Week=Typo Error


Family,                                                                                                           
  We had a very busy week. Yes mother last week was transfers. It was first off a very emotional transfer meeting, again. So this was the Satterfields last one, so Elder Fisher and I organized putting together a scrap book for them. We had each missionary write them a letter about how Pres. and Sis Satterfield have taught them and helped them become more converted to the gospel and become better people, because that is really what they care about, is us and our conversion. We had some sister missionaries make the book up and they did a great job. We surprised them with it during the meeting along with a special musical number by Elder Hansen (He's an amazing pianist) and I tell you what I absolutely lost it!! I love those people so much, I wish I could describe to you how much good they have done for me and this mission, and how good of people they are. I wish the missionaries could know how hard they really work, they are constantly doing things, and they do it out of pure Love. I can’t express you to how thankful I am for the service, teaching and love they have given to me. I can’t wait for you to meet them again. Anyway I bet the entire mission thinks im just a big baby, since i always cry in transfer meeting. The next one I won’t cry, but the next one Fisher, Hansen, and Wiberg all go home, that will probably be the worst of all. You know you just build some great relationships and are filled with Love while on your mission, these are special relationships that will hopefully live on. So now for the bad news. When president calls out all of the new companions and new areas in the transfer meeting, he just reads it off a script that we type up and give to him before the meeting. Well i typed it up, and a few days later some of the transfers changed so I had to go back and make all of those changes, But I messed up so we sent the wrong missionary to the wrong area, and it is the type of missionary who you have to specially place because they are a little hard to get along with, So it is not a good situation. We didn’t catch it till after everyone left and went to their areas so we just went with it. I feel like such an Idiot, and President wasn't really happy, but I talked to him and he said, it’s just a mistake and their really isn’t much we can do with it now. I was so so so mad and Elder Fisher thought it was funny, again I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, ha ha. 
  We are teaching this guy named Evan. He is like 25 and wants to be baptized on June 30th! He works at a car shop that is owned by a member, that member and his wife actually serve in our ward. There are a couple of members that work there as well so he got to know one of them, who is in our ward named Jakob. Jakob has pretty much walked the same path I did, and is now preparing to serve a mission, so it’s fun to work with him, but he gave Evan a Book of Mormon, and Invited him to church and Evan has been coming ever since. He is a lot like Melanie, His heart has been softened by the goodness of our members and now the doctrine is changing his heart. We are having a great time teaching him he read 330 pages in the Book of Mormon in a week and a half, so he's hungry. It is just so clear to me that the scripture "ye are the light of the world" is so true and vital. It is people that begin someone’s conversion to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the life of a Christian that changes the world little by little. I think it is this way because people can show "Love" to other people, and Love is the power by which the Atonement was planned and developed, carried out and shared to mankind. The example of the lives of my family is what began the softening of my heart. So thank you so much!! You are all wonderful examples to the each person in darkness around you, members (active or less-active) or non-members. I love you so much!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment