Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Traveled the Mission


Family,                                                                                                         
  Sounds like life back home is pretty fast paced, everyone is busy doing good stuff it seems like. We had a Great week. We traveled the mission this week. Every Zone was having a meeting so we had them set their meetings up so that we could go to all 6 in 3 days. We drove all over Georgia, and got to see every missionary and what is going on around the mission. It was good, and I was tired. We did two trainings as we went around. One was an object lesson on pride, I’ll have to show it to you when I get home, it’s pretty cool. The other one was on being effective with our time. Those two topics really made an impression on me and it helped me because I have struggled with both things. Fisher and I have had a tiny little bit of contention between us, it’s very common to have with anyone you spend a lot of time around, so doing a training on pride within companionships was very beneficial. Essentially we talked about when pride comes between companions then the work stops moving forward, so it was good to talk about that over and over because it helped me to see myself truly, and where I can change. It has been really cool to study effectiveness, because that is such an important principle of everyday life. We should always be asking ourselves if we are using our time on earth wisely. To be successful we need to always be evaluating our efforts and weather they are bringing us closer to God or they are not. So it was fun. So we taught Evan a few more times today and he is super great. He is loving what he is learning. When we finish teaching him we ask if he has any questions and he says "you pretty much answered every one of them". Man I just can tell you how impressed I am with him and how open hearted he is, and how much he wants to learn. He read 330 pages in the Book of Mormon in like 2 weeks; he is such a humble guy. I just love him. I love all of the singles in our ward they are so fun and just awesome to work with.  Actually it’s funny because a bunch of them are going to be at BYU-I next semester and so is Fisher, and then I will go there in Jan, it will be a blast. In fact Melanie found out that she got accepted today, she will find out her track in a week or two. She is doing great, but her family is not real supportive of her right now, so please pray for her. Another Girl from the singles ward that is coming out there that has become like best friends with Melanie and Evan (she’s dating Evan actually), her name is Melissa Coles. She is really cool, she comes to all of our teaching appointments and I swear she is a return missionary. Sometimes I think it would be better if she taught in my place, I don’t know how she knows but she really understands the Gospel at its core, I’m sure you will meet them mom. They all, along with Jakob are like this little crew that we spend a lot of time around, so we have become pretty close. A couple nights ago they came to our house and wrapped our car with a huge role of paper, it was kinda funny! They are constantly pulling pranks on us, even though we do nothing back! Anyway, God is really there! He is the best teacher, sometimes we try to make ourselves or others the teacher, but he is the real teacher! I love you all so much

Elder Hendrix
 
Julie, 
  I love you! How are you doing and do you like softball. What are your plans for the summer, I think you’re old enough to start working for Dad. I think you can go out and deliver for him! I miss you so much and can’t wait to see you in November.    

No comments:

Post a Comment