Monday, June 25, 2012

letter from Scott & Heather



Inline image 1
Hey Jeff! 

Thanks for writing us that great letter, it sounds like you have some awesome things going on, and have met many wonderful people.  We'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you transition the new Mission Presidency. 

Things are good with us- Scott is doing an amazing job at his advertising agency internship.  I don't know if he told you but he's actually at the top agency in Utah, so it's a very cool opportunity.  He works very hard and puts in extra hours sometimes to help get projects done.  I can tell they are very happy to have his help. 

I am still very much loving my job as a publicist, I get to work with wonderful people and I love getting a discount at Deseret Book :) 

Nope...no kids yet!  We are surrounded by adorable nieces and nephews though who make us very excited for the day when it is our turn to have our own.

Yesterday Scott and I joined my family in the Bountiful Temple as my brother Luke received his endowment.  It was special to be there with him.  He leaves for his mission to Montreal, Canada in a few weeks.  He will get to speak French, which is cool because my other brother Jeremy served in France.  I'm sure they'll have fun speaking to each other.

Well, I hope you are well and that you will have extra strength to go through this President change.  I'm sure they'll all be relying on you heavily.  I look forward to hearing how it goes! 

Love you!
Heather

Heather said it pretty well, she's so great!  I'm reminded of talking with Grandpa Hendrix when he use to tell me to marry a girl like Grandma - and i'm so glad I did.  Our hearts are heavy thinking about Grandma today.  I'm so grateful that I took the opportunity to get to know her more out at the ranch and for the family reunion we had last year and for the opportunity we had a few months ago to paint her house.  I've thought a lot about your comment in the email you wrote us last week about all the family members who are on the other side helping us along.  I know she will be there for us too. 

When we were there in March painting their house I went through some old boxes and found a great picture of Grandma and Dad (i've attached it to this email).  I hope you know we are praying for you because we know of your special bond with her.  I know that the comforter can bring you comfort.  I love you so much.

At this point she is still in the hospital and they are trying to keep her until her kids can arrive.  Elaine was in Florida for a school trip.  Things can change quickly so when you get this it might be a different story.  I hope you are able to call Dad and talk to him for a bit   I wish I could convey how deeply we hurt for you and wish to bear your burden at this time.  We love you with all my heart.  Smile a Grandma smile!

Love Scott & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment